Tis the day for mushiness, so I figured why not do a list of the best lovey-dovey fictional couples. Here we go:
1. Princess Buttercup and Westley: Theirs really was twoo wuv. They went up against an evil prince, R.O.U.s, a battle of wits against a Sicilian and even death just to be together. Also, lets be real here, who doesn't swoon every time Westley says, "As you wish."
2. Princess Leia and Han Solo: I always thought that they had the most believable relationship because they actually butted heads. A lot. They fought and they bickered, but you could tell that they really loved each other despite all of it; I mean Leia did disguise herself to sneak into Jabba's throne room to save Han's Carbonite butt, and if that's not true love then I don't know what is.
3. Willow and Tara: As much as I love Oz, I don't think he affected Willow as much as Tara did (hello, she went all Dark Willow when she died because she was grieving.) Their whole relationship was groundbreaking and just felt so real and natural, just thinking about it makes my heart hurt. RIP Tara forever.
4. Aeryn Sun and John Crichton: They're sort of like the Leia and Han type-- they didn't really like each other at the beginning but then wore each other down and fell in love. They've also had quite their fair share of ups and downs which only helped to make them love each other more, and Aeryn had John's baby and then got right back up to shooting people without missing a beat. Talk about Girl Power.
5. Zoe and Wash: Talk about opposites attract--here you have the tall Amazonian-esque soldier and her goofy husband and I loved every second of it. You believed every bit of their relationship, you could really feel how in love they were. Even though they lived on a spaceship, they were just like any other couple you knew and it was beautiful. Again, since it's Joss Whedon, it only ends in heartbreak and when Wash died, it almost felt like you became a widow alongside Zoe.
What are some of your favorite ficitional characters? Let me know!