The Hunger Games: The Exhibition

Hello all!

This is going to be a quick post since I somehow hurt my finger and it's a tad tricky typing with a splint on hah!

So yesterday, I went into the city to see The Hunger Games Exhibition at Discovery Times Square. That's one of my favorite places in the city, and when I heard they were bringing a props exhibit from the film, I knew I had to go.

Not only were there props and costumes from the films, there were also a bunch of interactive stations-- one tested your knowledge of knot making, another let you browse through the districts and gave you a breakdown of each (it also showed you where they would each be located in the US which was cool), and there was even a little station where you could learn a bit of the stunt choreography from the films.

I took a lot of pictures for you guys to enjoy, and if any of you are in the New York area and have the chance, I'd definitely recommend checking it out!









That is mahogany!
















They had a bunch of baking things in the gift
shop with Peeta's Bakery all over them!


The last portion of the exhibit is all fan art
which were all amazing.

















Comments

  1. That looks like so much fun! I'm a big fan of the Hunger Games, so I would totally be all over an exhibition like that too. The fan art is amazing, I love that picture of Effie with hot pink hair<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they so good?! My favorite is the Effie with the pastel blue hair, I was staring at it for so long haha

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing! I'd love to try and make it up to NYC to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can, you totally should--it was amazing!

      Delete
  3. This is so cool! I love whenever you get to see movie costumes in real life, and always try to go, if any exhibitions are near me (although that almost never happens, sadly). Would have loved to see this! The costumes are my favorite part of the movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing these kinds of exhibits too, anything with behind the scenes stuff I'm a big fan of. The costumes were crazy! Such amazing detail on them all.

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous exhibit! I'm bummed I'm no where near NYC and won't have the opportunity to check this out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts