So, if you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll know that I did a list like this last year as well (here), but I figured I'd do an updated one. Let's cut to the chase!
1. River Tam (Firefly): Who else can take on an entire legion of Reavers single-handedly and come out with barely a scratch on them? This girl can, which makes this one a no-brainer.
2. Casey Jones (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles): Oh, the crush I had on you Mr. Jones. Not only can he hold his own in a fight, while wearing a sweet hockey mask, he quips with the best of them and you need someone to keep the mood light while in an apocalypse. Also, maybe he could call in the turtles and that would be little Heathers dream come true.
3. Jack Burton (Big Trouble in Little China): He's taken on Lo Pan and showed that he's not one to shy away from strange forces, so he's got a bit of experience in that department. Plus, we could get around in the Pork-Chop Express cause you know that baby hits 6.9 on the Richter scale.
4. The Monster Squad (The Monster Squad): These kids saved their entire town from all the classic monsters, I'm pretty sure they can handle themselves in an apocalypse too.
5. FitzSimmons (Agents of Shield): I'm counting them as one because, I mean, how could you not? You can't have Fitz without Simmons (side note: I neeeeeeeeed them to be reunited, like right now. It's killing me). I figured if there's an apocalypse, you can have fighters coming out the wazoo, but if you don't have someone who can patch you up when you're hurt or engineer things when you have nothing, you've already lost. These two are the best of the best and a total asset to any team.
I said it in last years list and I'll say it again. Ash Williams. Always Ash Williams.
What are some of your picks? Lemme know!