Let's Talk: Ash vs Evil Dead



I'm not sure if you guys have caught on by now, but I'm a big Evil Dead fan and I'm an even bigger Ash Williams fan, so imagine my joy when I heard that Starz was putting together a brand new series all about Ash and his (mis)adventures.

The series, which premiered on Halloween and serves as a sequel to Army of Darkness, follows Ash and his new friends as they attempt to fight off the evil forces of the Necronomicon after a stoned Ash reads from the dumb ol' book of the dead and unleashes a Deadite plague (you think he'd learn by now!)

The first episode was directed by Sam Raimi and it had all the elements that fans know and love from the original trilogy; there were witty one liners which you know are going to be giffed all over Tumblr, and just the perfect mix of horror and gore that they've perfected over the years. So far the show's been confirmed for ten 30 minute episodes, but word is that after the ridiculous fan reception, Starz has already renewed it for a second season. *insert hands up emoji*

Lucky for me, I was able to to see the premiere on Friday night because Starz put a special showing of it on after they ran an Evil Dead marathon, and I'm not kidding when I say it's all I've been able to talk about. Everything about it was all I could've hoped for and more. Ash is still brash and charmingly egotistical, and the new characters they introduced seem like they'll feed off his energy and mesh really well together. Also, I heard Lucy Lawless will be on as well, and what can be better than Xena and Ash Williams? Nothing, that's what.

Even if you've never seen any of the movies (and come on, get on that), you'll still be able to follow along with the show and not feel like you're so far out of the loop. Plus, they also gave a quick sort of recap of everything in the first episode which would answer any questions. If you are a fan of the movies though, or just a fan of really well done B-horror things, I can not recommend this show enough. It's on Saturdays on Starz at 9 pm, so watch watch watch!

If any of you have watched it, how'd you like it?

Comments

  1. I loved loved loved it! I'm a huge Bruce Campbell all around and anything with him, I'm just there! I didn't want the episode to end. It was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! I've rewatched it so many times already because I'm so excited about it. I can't wait for this weeks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts