Top 5: Rom-Coms

Hello all!

I figured since today is a day of love and mushiness, why not dedicate this Top 5 to the best rom-coms? I'll admit, I am a big fan of the rom-com (especially if it has Tom Hanks in it--you may notice a lack of him on this list, I did it on purpose because it was stressing me out trying to pick just one film because he is an absolute dream), so let's get right on to it.



1. Say Anything: This is the movie that made me fall in love with John Cusack. The one thing I loved most about this movie is how honest the relationship between Lloyd and Diane felt. It was like an actual high school relationship, without all the frills and cliches that normally accompany a teenage love story. Besides, who didn't swoon and wish for John Cusack to stand under your window with a boombox blasting Peter Gabriel?


2. 10 Things I Hate About You: Oh, Heath Ledger, you beauty. Not only is this one of the best modern day Shakespeare movies, it's just a great movie in general. Even the little bits are good-- like yeah it's great when Kat and Patrick get together and Bianca finally realizes how much of a jerk Joey Donner is, but how about Michael surprising Mandella at the prom in their Shakespearean finest? It's adorable and I love it. You also can't watch this movie without gushing over Heath Ledger's soccer field serenade or Kat reading her sonnet in class. This movie also makes me want to have a paint balloon fight because it looks super fun.


3. When Harry Met Sally: I love this movie for so many reasons. One being that I love all the little love stories in between the scenes (which were all real, apparently!), another being that it feels so real. Not every relationship starts out with both parties being madly in love with one another, and this movie really does a good job of setting up both characters and how they both gradually grow into their feelings, which makes for a wonderful speech by Harry at a New Years Eve party. Also, I feel for Sally because I too get cold in 75 degree weather and have some weird food habits.



4. Pride and Prejudice: I mentioned before that this is my go-to snow day movie, and it's because it just makes you feel cozy. I know some people aren't a huge fan of the 2005 edition with Keira Knightly, but I actually love it. Mainly because I find Matthew Macfadyen's Mr. Darcy a total babe. This has the same feel to me as When Harry Met Sally, two people who weren't really fond of each other at the beginning who grow to love one another. Also, it doesn't get any better than Mr. Darcy telling Elizabeth, "I love you, most ardently" in the pouring rain. Siiigh.


5. The Princess Bride: I mean. Come onnnnnn. It's such a classic.

Honorable Mention:


Big Fish: This may not be the most conventional love story, but good grief, if Ewan McGregor in a field of daffodils doesn't give me the biggest heart eyes.


What are some of your favorite rom-coms to curl up with? Lemme know!

Comments

  1. I actually like The Proposal! Is The House Bunny a Rom Com because like that one too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love 10 Things I Hate About You <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts