Saturday, June 25, 2016

Top 5: High School Movies

Hello all!

In honor of it being commencement time, and not being able to drive 2 feet without seeing bunches of graduation balloons tied to porches, I figured I'd dedicate this Top 5 to some of the best high school movies.



1. The Breakfast Club: This is just a given, I mean come on. I love all the characters and the whole movie is filled with such great one-liners. I'm pretty sure my friend and I watched this a million times in the span of our high school careers. I'm glad I never had detention when I was in school because I know I'd get real bummed when I found out it was nothing like this.


2. Ferris Bueller's Day Off: Let's be real. Who didn't wish they could fake sick and go on an adventure with their friends instead of sitting in class all day? Let's also be real. I would never be the Ferris in this situation, I would most definitely always be the Cameron.


3. Clueless: I was absolutely obsessed with this movie when I was younger. I mean it, I had the little purses with the feather bits on it to look like theirs, I had folders with all the sayings on them, and if I could've rocked the matching skirt/blazer combo I probably would've done that as well. This movie came out when I was in elementary school, and I like totally thought this was what high school was all about.


4. Mean Girls: Imagine my surprise to find out high school wasn't like Clueless, and that it was more along the lines of Mean Girls instead. This movie did come out when I was in high school, and yeah it amped up the drama a bit, but it was mainly a really solid representation of kids in high school. Especially the cafeteria bit when they break down the tables, cause I'm pretty sure that really was every high school. I know for sure it was mine. I also ate cheese fries for lunch the majority of my 4 years there, so I felt that on a spiritual level.


5. Can't Hardly Wait: I didn't have a graduation party, and even if I did, it would never have been like this, but it's fun to pretend. You can't have a movie set during high school without a completely over the top house party in it. Also, how adorable is 90's Ethan Embry? *insert heart eyes emoji*

Honorable Mention:


Romy and Michele's High School Reunion: My 10 year high school reunion is this year, and I really hope I can get away with telling everyone I invented Post-Its.


What're some of your favorite high school movies? Lemme know!

2 comments:

  1. Nice picks! I really like Perks of Being a Wallflower. Absolutely love Ferris Bueller and Breakfast Club too. A lot of the 80s/90s high school movies are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :] You too! I forgot all about Perks of Being a Wallflower.

      Delete